Narrative Theory Steps
Todorov's narrative theory states that most story's or plot lines follow the same pattern or path.
There are 5 steps in this pattern:
1. The first part of the story will display a happy start, where the characters are content and everything is as it should.
2. The second part of the story will feature a problem or something will disrupt the happiness.
3. This part of the plot is when everyone realises the problem and the chaos it has caused.
4. This part is when the characters attempt to repair the damage and restore the problem.
5. In this final part of the plot where the problem is resolved and normality can resume again.